Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Meeting With Agape- September 30, 2010
Agape finally contacted us, and wanted to meet with us and talk to us in person concerning the question of living with people and adopting. We went and met with Michael, the director, and Claire, the case manager, yesterday and it went really well. They asked us about our life and the village, and we gave them some history about how we came together and how we feel God has asked us to live. They really liked all they heard. They told us that they are going to let us live with people and adopt, as long as we are willing to have every adult in the house have a background check. We were thrilled! Our next step is sending in our application ($200) and taking a one day course ($150), and praying for the money to do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for you guys!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this. I worked for Agape doing "home studies" for a couple of years. They are really nice people and it's a great organization. I can tell you what to expect in the home study. Also, the classes they have about adoption are really terrific. I hope this opens up the doors for us in the Village to take care of children who do not have homes! What a miracle that would be. :-)
ReplyDelete