We have officially completed our NAP class this past Saturday. It was very informative and gave us some new perspectives on the whole adoption process and those involved. It definitely gave us a bigger picture of what the birth parents and adoptees go through, and feelings they have to deal with. We had a very good instructor who is very passionate about what she does. She loves children, and it shines through as she talks about everything. We really enjoyed our time with her and her co-worker.
We came home with a big "to-do" list. The goal is to be approved within 3 months or so. In order to become approved, we have to file a bunch of paper-work, become certified for CPR, take some physical tests, have background checks done along with everyone in the household and have our home inspected which will involve certain room codes we will have to follow. We also have to raise up to $1500 - $2000 so we can accomplish all the above.
We have some ideas for fundraisers, but could use some help making them a reality.
1. Flowers - We are starting to grow a bunch of flowers so we can make bouquets and sell them at the Farmer's Market. If this is done right, we could raise all the money we need for the adoption including the finalization fees, but we definitely can't do it alone.
2. Yard-sales - We have lot of clothes and miscellaneous items leftover from last year's yard-sales. Spring is coming - so weather will be perfect soon.
If you would like to help, please let me know along with the times you are available.
Also, for any of you couples that are wondering if adopting is for you or would like to pursue it, Claire (our instructor/Agape coordinator) would be willing to do a NAP class with you in April. You do not have to send in an application ($200) but will need to pay for the actual class ($150), but if you decide to actually seriously pursue adopting, you will then have to send in an application. She needs at least 3 couples to do it, so if you are interested in doing one, please let me know and we can discuss details.
Anyways, we are very excited about doing this!
"I'm only one. But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
-- Edward Everett Hale
LOVE IT!! I am sooo glad things are going well for you
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI just thought I would let you know that I love your blog! It is so encouraging and inspiring.
Love In Christ,
Chloe~Jane
P.S Here is my blog:
http://lovinglife777.blogspot.com/